The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes into force in May 2018. If you handle personal data within your organisation in any capacity, then this course is ideal for you.
About the course
This 2-hour course provides the starting point for any data protection training and is perfect for people who handle personal data within an organisation; whether it’s a business, association or public sector function.The course provides an introduction and the fundamentals of the GDPR. It talks about why the new legislation is being introduced and the enhanced rights we all have in relation to the processing of our personal data.
Loading the player...
This course contains the following:
- Introduction and Background
- Material and Territorial Scope
- The Five Main Concepts
- Definitions and Principles
- Individual Rights
- Technical and organizational measures
- The Data Protection Officer
- Data Privacy Impact Assessment
- Steps to implement the GDPR
This data protection training course is intended for all staff in any organization which handles (or processes) personal data in an operational capacity.
Certainly anyone previously concerned with customer personal data can benefit from this course; but the increased importance of personal data under the new GDPR legislation will mean that this course is even more widely applicable.
It’s an excellent grounding in how the GDPR affects day-to-day users of personal data in any company, government or association context.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Why the new data protection law is being introduced?
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aims of the new data protection legislation
- Who the legislation applies to
- What rights people have over the processing of their data
- The grounds for the exercising of these rights
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals
- learning style - it includes a variety of learning tools, videos, including study notes, case studies, appraisal questions and online quizzes.
- lifestyle - study when and where suits you via the online study portal.
- interactive structure - ensures that you will absorb the knowledge provided in a pleasant and intuitive manner.
When can you start?
This is a self paced-online course and you can register and start at any time.